Tuesday, February 15, 2011

today

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to my house alarm system going off. It's been a little fickle lately, so I wasn't concerned, I just had to get out of bed and beat the shit out of the panel.  Done.

I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided I should just go to work early because I had a horrible project bidding today and just didn't have my ducks in a row for it.  I get to work at 7:00 a.m. and no one else is there.  Call co-worker Jeff.  He gives me instructions on how to get into the building. I recall him saying something about going thru the warehouse so as to not set the alarm off, but as I usually take directions, I summarize 7 sentences into 6 words, and proceed.  I open the overhead door, and walk in the normal way...security alarm starts blaring.  This is not my day.  The security people end up giving our CFO a early morning wake up call, she tells them there's just a ding bat blonde running thru the office and there was no need for police. 

I get some work done on my bid....it still sucks, and I end up revising it and faxing it out 3 different times.  I really suck at my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment