Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things I noticed today

1. Gangsters getting arrested on Merle Hay Road attract a lot of attention. Especially when there is an ambulance, fire truck and 2-3 police cruisers lined up at 5:30 p.m. close to a very busy intersection.  Additional note, when your huge baggy pants previously fitted around your mid buttcrack are now around your ankles, that really makes the rubber neckers take a second glance. Nice boxers, bro.

2. If you have a completely sweat soaked t-shirt with a gaping 9" diameter hole exposing the entire left shoulder blade, does it make you feel like you must be working out more than everyone else?  I have at least 6 t-shirts I could donate to this sad, pathetic cause....but hey, feel the burn, man. Maybe he's trying to see how long he can carry on with this get up before the gym gives him one of their complimentary 'Luv Ur Body' tees.

3. If I weren't blogging, my home computer would be rendered completely useless this Lenten season.  Tonight instead of stalking facebook friends or watching local news coverage of the impending doom headed to the Des Moines area, I watched a MSNBC program about Facebook taking over the world.  One of the main issues noted by Lester Holt were Facebook's constantly changing privacy settings.  Some idiot woman was on looking for sympathy after she was fired from her teaching position because some parents noticed that she was venting on her Facebook page about her job and students.  If you don't know how to use it, control the privacy settings, etc., don't use it! There is nothing requiring anyone to have a personal Facebook account. Sidenote: if I recall correctly, this teacher was in the IT/technology field. Something tells me our students are better off with her early retirement.

3 comments:

  1. If I could, I would "Like" this post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val, it's me, anonymous. Your observations were very clear today:) See, without Facebook this Lenten season, you have time for other stuff. However, it doesn't give me much to do with my free time. You'll have to be thinking of your "Return to Facebook" party you'll have when Easter finally arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things I noticed recently, Val? You aren't doing a very good job of keeping up with your blog!! Oh, and I have your bridesmaid dress done:)

    ReplyDelete