Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Office Holiday Party Advice

Moons ago, a very smart co-worker gave me this valuable bit of advice:

'Have fun at the Christmas party, but do yourself a favor, don't be the drunkest person there.' 

Do you know how many times I've reflected on this and realized, 'woah, that guy was smart!'?  Because you know what, during the days following, even if you were a close 2nd or 3rd, you can be damn sure that the gossips around the office are still yapping about #1.

Also, a side note...when you take the 'office' out of the holiday party, I say go hog wild.  Case in point, my Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  I was in my own home drinking wine usually reserved for camp fires. There was a game of shot checkers being played on my coffee table, a football game being shown in the spare bedroom, and an aggressive game of invent a shot going on in the kitchen.  Fast forward 7 hours and I wake up in my bed still clad in my jumper, turtle neck, red tights, as well as my jingle bell bracelet and necklace....there are still rumors going around about an incident where I choked on a baby dill pickle while other party goers were apparently trying to get me to throw up by spinning me around in a chair...but like I said, these allegations are still alleged and no one has proof. 

Merry Christmas to all!

news stranger than fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment